Working from home has its perks but it also has its downfalls. For a start, it takes a lot of self-discipline to stay on track when you are the only person around and have no outside pressure as a result. You must be entirely self-motivated and try not to procrastinate too much.
There are no co-workers for you to have lunch with or to keep you company and you can never escape the office and go home, because you are already there. However, the following ten work hacks should make things easier by allowing you to stay organised and productive:
- A little spring clip will organize paperwork on your desk. First of all, tidy up your messy desk, paperwork and letters and then use a spring clip to hold it all together.
- Clean your dirty keyboard with sellotape or cotton-buds. Both of these will get between the crevices of your keys in order to get rid of any dust/crumbs.
- Any cords/loose wires can be held together with binder clips
- Treat yourself to a desk edge coffee cup holder. This will result in more elbowroom and will help to avoid any messy spills.
- Use cereal boxes to organise your coffee drawers into different sections/compartments.
- Spice racks also make for good office supply storage units. Keep one of these on your desk at all times and you'll never need to get up again to find paper clips or staples.
- Create a little kitchen in your office by purchasing a mini fridge to store your lunch and snacks. You could also buy yourself a new kettle in order to create a mini kitchen within your office space. This will save you time by not having to walk to the kitchen at tea breaks.
- Another idea would be to invest in a water fountain, or to keep a jug of water on your desk. It’s vital to keep hydrated throughout the day when you’re working.
- Create your own pocket tie for a convenient place to store business cards.
- It’s very easy to stay in one position when working at a desk for hours. Try and sneak in some exercise by lunging your way to the toilet or even going up and down the stairs a couple of times.
Sometimes, the simple things in life are the most effective solutions. This is usually the case with work hacks. Simple, yet effective, each one of these could make a positive impact when it comes to working from home.
Share this post